Saturday, June 25, 2011

Week #4 - Response to Sharon Clay

MAC Week 4: "The Art of Possibility"


Lighting a Spark: Since my universe of possibility includes reaching the lives of others by igniting a spark I must remember to enroll myself as much as possible into the lives of those seeking passion and engagement. Sometimes I find myself unwilling to participate because of past fears or my inability to see pass personal limitations. My most valuable contribution can be to relinquish my judgments and accept those who may be reaching out to light a spark inside of me.
Being the Board: Living my life as the board puts me in control of all of the things, which come into my playing field.  I decide what happens when things get moved around. My response determines what possibilities are available to me.
Creating Frameworks for Possibility: Climbing out of the downward spiral is the key to taking full advantage of the possibilities available to me. Recognizing that division feeds the spiral will help me change how people respond to me.  I want to that teacher who makes the abnormal the status quo.  Like the second grade teacher who shaved her head I want to take a flash of insight and change it into a possibility.
Chapter 12. I would like to think that I have been able to tap into my inner power and use it to make a substantial difference in someone’s life. I just do know for sure if that is the case.  I have played many roles including mentor, teacher, mother, and friend.  I would like to believe that I have had a role in helping some of the people I have known realize their dreams.

Karen Gearns said...
It is easy to let fear get in the way of taking risks but I think you are right when you say you need to reach out to those trying to light a spark in you. I have to remind myself of this sometimes as well. I really enjoy helping people and being of service. I think that is common for people in the teaching profession. Accepting help from others is another matter. But as you said, Sharon, if we don't accept help of others we are depriving both them and ourselves of a potential spark or even a possible forest fire! I guess that is also being part of the board. Determining what role we will play, how we will enter into relationship with others, and how we will respond.  Sharon, I am sure you are a wonderful teacher, mentor, and mother. You have probably changed more lives than you will ever know. Just the fact that you want to be a dynamic teacher who cares enough to shave her head for a sick child says a lot about your commitment to your students.

No comments:

Post a Comment