Sunday, June 26, 2011

Week #4 Publishing/Leadership THINK OUT LOUD Blog Post 2/2

Where to Present?

After several attempts to find conferences with a call for speaker during June and July I finally found two potential conferences where I could share my research.   The Midwest Education Technology Conference is being held in St. Louis February 13 -15, 2012.  TIES EducationTechnology Conference is in Minneapolis, MN on December 10 - 11, 2011.  Both conferences seem like good venues to share my research but they involve travel so I hope they will not be cost prohibitive.  I know I came across a conference that allowed you to present from a distance through technology.  I am still trying to find that information again.  MACUL, the largest technology conference in Michigan is not accepting applications for 2012 yet.  I will definitely apply to  speak at MACUL when they open the application process.

After giving an abridged version of my presentation during WIMBA this week I have a good idea how I want my presentation to look.  I received some suggestions for moving around the order of a few slides and I need to clean up my presenters notes a bit.   It was exciting to hear about all the research conducted during the EMDT program and helpful to see other presentations.

No comments:

Post a Comment