Sunday, October 17, 2010

PE1- Part 1 Flash


My only understanding of Flash before today was that it could be used to create animations. I had seen Flash animations on websites but knew nothing about making them. When I found out we were going to need to know Flash later in the EMDT program I thought now would be a good time to get started. I began at Lynda.com with the first tutorial. It started right off with a step-by-step video that I could follow. The tutorial also included asset files so I could create the same animation being created in the video. After three hours I had gotten through the first chapter and one-half. It was slow going because the process was new to me. At this point I am comparing using Flash to making a video. There are similarities like both video editing software and Flash use a timeline. They also both use layers if you think of text being layered over video when creating a movie. At this point iMovie seems much easier than Flash. Although I am nowhere near an iMovie expert, I had some prior knowledge of basic editing from using MovieMaker. That experience helped me come up to speed fairly quickly with iMovie.  The learning curve for Flash seems to be much greater. After three hours I was able to create a multi-layer file, make graphic files into movie files, and adjust the entrance and exit of files on the timeline. Right now my head is spinning and I know I will definitely need lots of practice with Flash before it becomes natural. Adobe Flash is such a robust program that it is not intuitive like some of the iLife software we have been using. After a short break, I will continue my journey into Flash in PE 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment