Monday, October 4, 2010

BP4 Fotobabble


The Web 2.0 tool Fotobabble could be useful in my classroom.  In fact, after discovering it last night I used it today.  This Web 2.0 tool allows you to upload any photo and record a message to play with the photo.  I had to be out of the classroom today and I put a link on Moodle for my students taking them to a talking picture I created using Fotobabble.  It was a picture of me with a recording of specific directions for the assignments they were going to work on with the substitute teacher.  I can't wait to get back tomorrow and find out what they thought.  

I also plan to use this tool with my Graphics Applications students.  When my students alter photos using Photoshop they could upload the photo to Fotobabble and give a description of the alterations they made to the photo.  We do one assignment where students need to distort pictures of different people.  To add a language arts component to the assignment students could use Fotobabble to create a story about how the person got his deformities.  

Fotobabble could be used in Language Arts classrooms at any level.  Elementary students could draw a character from a story using a drawing program then upload the photo and give a description of their character.  Secondary students could do a similar activity with a character from a novel.  They could answer a question or tell a story from the character's point of view.


Click on the link below to see the Fotobabble I left my students today.

                      

1 comment:

  1. Karen,
    I absolutely love your site and how you used it while you were gone. I will definitely have to try it next time I have a sub. Please let me know what your students reactions were.

    I could also see using this with students who don’t really like to present in front of their classmates, but would be willing to post on a personal site for their peers to review.

    ReplyDelete